There will be changes to bus services in the Centenary and Western Suburbs region beginning Monday, 19 August 2019 in response to customer feedback and findings of the community research conducted by the BCC last year.
According to the TransLink announcement, these changes will result in improved average travel times, more CBD bus stop locations on selected services, and updated timetables to better reflect road conditions.
Peak-hour rocket services changes
To increase the number of trips to the CBD and provide a more evenly spaced timetables, the Centenary bus network will be made simpler by merging duplicated peak-hour rocket routes: P457 and P459 into P455 and P458 into P456.
After the change, P455 and P456 will have additional trips and will travel via the Legacy Way toll road, avoiding congestion along Milton Road and Coronation Drive and improving average travel times for Centenary customers.
Early morning services changes
Additional morning services will be provided for the early customers:
- 453 from Mt Ommaney to CBD, departs at 5:10am
- 454 from Riverhills to CBD, departs at 5:05am
- P443 from Moggil to CBD, departs at 6:05am and another at 6:15am.
- Route 460 – All morning peak hour services will stop at Mount Ommaney Shopping Centre as Dandenong Road at Centenary Shopping Centre in Mount Ommaney will cease to be serviced by any Route 460 services.
- CBD stops – Queen Street bus station will no longer be serviced by Routes P455 and P456 but instead stop at Roma Street busway station, Ann Street stop 12, Margaret Street stop 94a, and Eagle Street stop 155 for all inbound services. Outbound services, on the other hand, will service Charlotte Street stop 90, Charlotte Street stop 91, George Street stop 116, Roma Street stop 130, and Roma Street busway station.
- Spring Hill – Customers using ‘The Ridge’ or Wharf Street stops in Spring Hill will need to transfer in the CBD.
- Toowong bus depot – Customers catching the bus service from the Mt Coot-tha St at Toowong Cemetary stop going to the CBD will need to take a route 470 service.
Customers may visit this TransLink page to replan their journey. These changes will take effect starting 19 August 2019.